- To provide a facility for men of all ages from the Sussex Inlet area with activities that build self-esteem, with a structured health program and opportunities to support our local community.
Aims and Objectives
- To offer retired or otherwise unoccupied men a place to meet and enjoy the company of men in similar situations, to their mutual benefit.
- To promote open discussion about health issues related to men.
- To provide information through seminars/discussion groups by inviting guest speakers from health organisations or health interest groups.
- To provide a range of machines, tools, benches and other equipment needed for men to carry on past skills, learn new skills, pass on skills to others where appropriate, in a safe and proper manner in an atmosphere of friendly co-operation.
- By providing activities that build trust, understanding and inclusiveness.
- Be an innovator and teacher where possible.
- Use the skills available among Shed members to assist other community groups at appropriate times.
- To promote, wherever possible, the discussion and practice of any intellectual and or artistic subjects which may be of interest to any members e.g. Music, Photography, Art etc.
8.00 am To 12 noon